We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) virus and working closely with our community partners to ensure the health and safety of our residents, staff and families. Twin Cities Nursing and Rehab continues to follow the guidance established by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Michigan Department of Public Health (MDHHS).
We are committed to transparency with all of our partners and will continue to take direction from the CDC and MDHHS. To that end, the following changes will be made on a temporary basis and will be updated as the CDC and MDHHS dictate:
- We will be restricting visitors.
- We will be cancelling community outings that are to congregate settings such as the store, restaurants, shows, etc.
- We are designating a staff member to focus on sanitizing common areas.
- We are asking that anyone who has been out of the country over the last month to not visit.
- We ask that anyone who is even slightly under the weather not visit.
For our residents, your housekeeping schedule will be impacted over the next several weeks as we shift our resources to the common areas.
Individually, we ask the following:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use the hand sanitizers frequently throughout the day
- If you feel ill, notify the staff immediately and self-quarantine in your room. We will be loosening our meal delivery policy temporarily.
- The CDC has put a timeline on the current recommendations until March 18th. We will update everybody with any changes they request.
- Above all – stay calm and don’t panic. We have a strong plan in place to prevent the virus from entering our community and are prepared for whatever may come in the future.
As the resident’s representative you will begin receiving weekly updates with the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the facility via an automated phone call to the phone number we have on record. If you would prefer to receive this weekly communication through an email, please contact the facility to update your method of communication.